Thursday, March 14, 2013

The Perfect Hairbrush

If you're like me, you've spent 38 years looking for the perfect hair brush, and still haven't found it.  Every type of hair has a "preferred" hair brush.  Then you read things on the net, go out and buy it, only to be told it's not the right brush.

I sort of came into hairbrushes when I had my hair cut "professionally" (as in high-end salon) a few years ago.  I have about three sizes of the round brush with vents.  I thought I loved them.  Then a stylist said don't use one of them with wet hair because it destroys it. Ooops!

Now, I don't have much time, or patience for blowing out my hair.  I'd love something that helps thin hair, maybe something that doesn't make my hair so oily, something easy, something AFFORDABLE.

http://hair.allwomenstalk.com/tips-for-choosing-the-right-hair-brush/   has an article about choosing the right hair brush.  Most of it is a re-hash of every other article out there.  There are two items that I'm intrigued by.

The Boar Bristle Brush.   Does anyone have one?  Does it really do nirvana like the articles claim, or is it really just for the thick haired girls and would probably destroy my fine, think hair?

The other is the rectangular brush with vents.  I have one, but it doesn't seem to work any better than any other brush.  Now, the thought of a  square one with vents sounds a bit more my style, because you could dry more hair at one time.

What do you think?  Is there a perfect brush?  Have you found it?  Care to share?

No comments :

Post a Comment