Saturday, February 23, 2013

More "out there" hair tips

I'm always on the look out for tips for keeping my hair healthy.  If you color your hair alot, like me, you know how fragile your hair can become.  It's prone to split ends and falling out.

Yahoo.com has an article on great hair tips. Most of the recommendations make alot of sense: Using a water filter, dry shampoo, and using clear mascara to tame fly-aways.

But the 4th one struck me as odd.

Their suggestion is to dry your hair with a paper towel.  They say that the fibers in the towel aggravates the cuticles.  Their suggestion is to squeeze the water from your hair, and then pat it dry with a paper towel.

The question I have is...

Is the decrease in frizziness due to the fact you're using a paper towel instead of the towel, or is it that you're not aggressively toweling your hair by using a paper towel?

I'm not sure sure this would work for my hair, because really... I don't have alot of hair, but I wouldn't be able to do anything with it using a paper towel.

What do you think?  Anyone willing to try it?

No comments :

Post a Comment