Saturday, March 30, 2013

Autism Awareness Month



Hair Made Beautiful is working a autism  awareness campaign.  The first National Autism Awareness Month was declared by the Autism Society in April 1970.  World Autism Awareness Day is April 2, 2013.

In 1990 the autism rate was 1 in 10,000 school age children.  After an updated report released from the CDC, the number is now 1 in 54 students. 

Autism awareness is something I am very passionate about.  I have twin sons who are on different ends of spectrum.  I spend a majority of my time battling with school systems, medical companies, and taking care of my boys.

I've seen the stares directed at me by mothers of "neurotypical" children when my children whine, climb under chairs, and yip.  I've felt the judgement.  With the numbers of autistic children rising, I want to educate people on autism.

Here's some very basic information on Autism from Autism Speaks.

Throughout the month of April, I will be holding a Lilla Rose Party at my Facebook site.  This will be a mystery hostess party, where anyone can win the hostess rewards at the end of the party.  How do you become eligible for the Mystery Hostess?  You get 1 ticket for each Blue Item you purchase during the party.  

To show you the blue items and keep spreading information about Autism Awareness, every day during the party, I will be posting a picture of an item from Lilla Rose that has blue in it and qualifies for tickets to be the mystery hostess.  I will also be posting information about Autism and attempting to increase Autism Awareness.

Important Info to help you during the campaign:


How you can help?  
  • Forward to everyone you know!  Encourage them to participate!  
  • If you're a blogger and want to take part, please email me so you and your readers can take part as well.!

No comments :

Post a Comment